Thursday 22 December 2011

Appliance fixing School.

I’ve decided, come the New Year, to run an appliance fixing night school. Sonmouse just told me something like 30% of discarded home appliances are due to a loose wire or the fuse in the mains plug. His friend runs a charity recycling collection service and all his appliances come from it after a little simple fixing. Assuming a five-year life, a yearly household appliance replacement cost of say £300 and a conservative 7 million households that’s a yearly bill for over £2 billion pounds. If with some rudimentary knowledge we could extend their lifetime by a year or two we’d save nearly £5 billion pounds. And that’s from our net spending after tax. I will start it off myself to prove the idea’s profitable and then licence it to a few thousand other old codgers like me for 10% of takings and vwalla, an estimated £150,000 per annum income. And more importantly it will get me out of the house to the bountiful appreciation of Mothermouse. This is a far better scheme than becoming the freelance Monk of Woodseats, and the other one but that was just silly. STOP PRESS. And now as if to test my resolve at 9pm this very evening, little more than two days before Christmas Eve and with our turkey no doubt being gibletted as I type, our oven caught fire! Like real flames and stuff. Well Supermen-der that I am did I get my tools out and repair the bloody thing? Bugger that I got on the Internet. A new one’s coming Friday. Phew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment