Friday 4 November 2011

The 1% Bubble.

Oh and get this. Ever since the South Sea Bubble, which as I remember was something to do with a market collapse in turtle testicles, through to the Wall Street crash, a collapse in share prices, to 2008, a collapse in the housing loan market, there has, preceding these events, always been a ludicrously unsustainable rise in some commodity or other. Only when this ludicrousity became undeniable was there a violent readjustment. So what commodity preceding 2011 has ludicrously risen in value? That’s what these ‘take over Wall Street’ sit-ins are about. Where the bottom 99% incomes have risen 10% to 50% the income of the top 1% has risen by 300%. It’s the same old rhetoric but instead of “buy Turtle Testicle stock, it’s on the up” it’s been, “we have to pay the top salaries to attract the top people.” Our new South Sea Bubble is the top 1% together with their ethos. It’s not envy to think they’re not each worth between a few hundred to a thousand nurses, it’s undeniable ludicrousity. And what we’re currently experiencing is the seismic shifts of this bursting bubble as our indebtedness rises unsustainably to feed their wealth creation schemes. So who will step forward to say, “I won’t do it for the money, I want to do this job because I love being able to contribute. Just give me £300k pa to cover anything I could realistically need. For me to take this approach, as many studies have shown, will, contrary to our entrenched beliefs actually enhance my quality of life. Thank you.” But I suspect, just like turtle testicles, once you’ve been the flavour of the month there’s little possibility of them converting into iPhones when the wind changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment