Tuesday 15 December 2009

Happy Xmas Interfacial

As it’s nearing Christmas, in the spirit of said season of good cheer I’m going to dedicate this entry to Stiffmouse Blog’s only follower. Happy Christmas ‘interfacial’, whoever you are. So Inter, how’s your year been? You don’t mind me calling you Inter do you? But I guess these must remain rhetorical questions. I mean I’m not blaming you. Silence is golden, we all talk far too much don’t we. Another rhetorical question. There goes my urge to reach out, to make contact. And this silence I’m hearing is somehow God like. Like a prayer, maybe answered but never discussed. In fact I’m rather favouring it. How wise I might appear if I don’t open my mouth. And in some sense it might prove true. Someone might come to me with a problem, I would say nothing, they would ponder, make a suggestion. I would say nothing. They, as they are the supreme living authority on their problem and its solution would progress from suggestion to suggestion until some rightness appeared to them. They would smile and thank me for my insightfulness. Someone expecting a rebuke might, hearing silence, come to know better their own misdemeanour. Someone clinging to me for some necessity of their own, in hearing silence, might have to find their own substance to fill that requirement, just as someone eager for learning might learn.
So thank you Inter for your insight, you are indeed far wiser than I.
Just don’t get in touch, OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment