Thursday 10 December 2009

Floor sander heaven.

I am hovering on the net between hiring a floor sander and learning about Islamic history. I’ve hired from HSS before and they’re organised and helpful. £37 per day, refundable deposit, easy parking and they’ll help you put it in your boot if you need it. Islamic history is not so clear-cut. Islamists believe the Jews are just plain nasty and Western Christian countries are un-islamic, Sunni’s are at odds with Shi’as and so on. Odd seeing as they’re all monotheistic religions believing in the same God. Muslims are called to help Islam take over the faith and government of the world much as the management of HSS would like to in the lesser sphere of equipment hire. Personally I’ve seen too many James Bond movies to have much faith in those planning world domination. Gun in hand they explain their dastardly plot to the one person who could scupper it only to trip over their pet cat, get sliced in two by an inconveniently placed laser and fall into a small pool of piranhas. Unfortunately strong belief seems to lead to over confidence. Personally for instance I’m not sufficiently confident in a virgin filled afterlife to don the waistcoat of a suicide bomber.
Now I hired my last floor sander from Killy’s the Cleaners. Nice people, good service but you have to park on a yellow line in a side street, which always makes me a little apprehensive so I’ve decided on HSS this time. God works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment