Saturday 1 May 2010

Face of Technology.

Well last night Mothermouse was dealing with an earthquake and I got shot twice. We both coped well and survived till morning. That last earthquake we had I just thought the cat had jumped on the bed. Dave is a big cat to be fare. So dreams and perception are often not useful for coming to grips with reality. Most of our conclusions are made before they even reach our conscious awareness. The ‘I’ that I think I am is apparently half a second behind the man who makes all the decisions, whoever he is. Watching a gorilla with my 2 and 7 your olds years ago, the moment it threw itself at the glass parental care went out the window and a loud internal voice shouted, “Kick ‘em out the way and RUN Stiffy RUN!” But half a second later I did go back and pick them up. Now I don’t have a picture of that gorilla but I’ve hundreds of pictures on my computer going back to 1900 of holidays, parents and grandparents and stuff. I use Picasa from Google to organise them, which is really good. A week or so back I opened it and noticed top left was a folder entitled ‘People. Un-named, 2,805.’ Strange I thought. So I clicked on it and up came 2,805 perfect mug shots gleaned from all my photos. Along with family and friends were faces of the long since dead, passers by, the complete Methodist Church choir of 1907, Lady Gaga on a T shirt and a doll in a Greek shop window,  all perfectly framed like passports; all snipped out without me even knowing and placed on file. It came as quite a shock. All I can say is it’s a good job the powers that be don’t have this sort of technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment