Sunday 9 May 2010

Pigeon Rescue. Chapter 3.

Can you imagine how exciting it is to be actually living a Blockbuster trilogy? This one is titled, “To Pauline’s and Back”, by-line, “Sad and Sadder.” My life that is, the pigeons fine. Earlier today I took it out of the shed and released it, ie chucked it down the garden. It flew! But only just managed the end wall. From yesterday’s experience if I approached it, it would hop over into the opposite gardens undergrowth. You see yesterday it was in next doors garden walking along the back wall and hopped into the garden opposite next door, which then required me to call to the guy putting up curtains to come out and catch it for me. He did a fine job and proved to be a very pleasant chap as we became acquainted over pigeon passing. So back to today; that was what’s known as a flash back. The pigeon hopped onto a low overhanging branch and sat there. The cats of course were inside behind a locked cat flap. It scratched and preened but showed no signs of taking off. Meanwhile I could hear the cat flap being heavily tested by Britney. Tension mounted. Would the cat flap weaken; would Britney flash past me hardly able to keep up with her flashing white teeth of death? Would the brave plucky pigeon get plucked? Might Britney have turned her attentions to the oven door and got the chicken waiting to be roasted for our tea? None of these. I decided to return the pigeon to the shed. But now the pigeon could fly modestly and flapped into Pauline’s garden, next door but one, and perched on the trellis. Luckily I had to feed her cat, Chester, who is sixteen and no threat. To cut a long story imperceptibly shorter I caught it in her shrubbery. Now, though I could get out of Pauline’s with pigeon tucked under one arm, I was locked out of my own house, having climbed into next door’s garden and into Pauline’s. Bethmouse was in luckily. So the pigeon is now back in the shed. This one could run and run, which unfortunately cats can do far better than pigeons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment