Tuesday 9 August 2011

London Burning Riots Crash.

Well I don’t mind telling you I feel in a sort of pincer movement here in the moral middle. “Hoodies to the left of me, bankers to the right”, a mis-quote from a song I can’t quite remember. Ah yes, “Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.” I’m thinking as TV slumps to ever new boring lows people seem to be going to extraordinary lengths to inject some life back into it. “They’s bangin’ man. We see them on the telee, you know, bangin’ in shop fronts and flamin’ stuff and we wants some a dat too” and, “Justin says his hedge lost over two. Red screens at night, not a Shepard in sight, yar. Har, har, ha.” Then I’m thinking perhaps it’s just a matter of time. Are you at the forefront of, “Lootin’s just a fun way of getting’ 100% off” and smashing into Comet for a 32” tele and two iPhones,” or the second wave who come later for an mp3 player, or later still for a basket and a pack of blank cassettes they’ve had in stock for three years? Or maybe like me, walk by when the police and fire brigade and everyone’s gone home and idly, but still surreptitiously, pick up a two foot ‘C’, consoling my moral fibre with the thought that no one will want it anyway; a point that will strike me even more when I get it home and am left wondering how on earth am I going to dispose of it without getting banged up for taking all the TVs and iPhones. Am I moral or just lacking in courage? Actually I’m just sitting at home enjoying all the exciting goings on in the news. I mean, without riots, the financial crises and the Premier League, TV isn’t worth compressing your arse for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment