Monday 26 July 2010

Do You?

While out with ex BinLmouse, who waited at the pub I said while I waited at the pub I meant until B phoned J, J phoned D and D walked the not inconsiderable distance between the two, I missed Big Brother. Apparently a famous mouse dancer has gone into the house to teach them a routine so they can get a million hits on YouTube to complete a task. Nice link up. And free if you don’t count the £60 a month broadband/TV/free phone calls package. But who is this famous mouse? Mousemates discuss. Could he be from ?? or X Factor or Glee even? As these shows aren’t currently airing and the outside world must be a distant memory by now no one knew. It was the same with the last Famouse Big Brother. They were all famous but no one knew who anybody else was. They had to painfully explain that they once went out with the brother of a footballer’s ex wife’s cousin, or that he had a film star brother but was famous in his own right, with God. A pattern is emerging. Not that everyone is famous for fifteen minutes but that fame itself now only lasts fifteen minutes. Not that mice can’t sustain fame for longer but because the attention span of fames followers has dwindled. If one’s face isn’t pumped into the nations living rooms on a weekly basis it drifts into a montage of a million others. On several occasions I’ve seen ‘someone famous’ only to find they served me in Tescos or the local fish shop. So for me a mouse is a mouse is a mouse. Then out with the Family Pie (party) Saturday we see, I mean actually see in reality, Richard “I don’t believe it!” I forget his second name. Well! Well actually I missed him, I think I was looking at a pigeon. So this Richard, who no doubt spent years going to RADA, acting in flea pits, learning his Second Guard line in Hamlet, being sick before his first major entrance, is now renown for saying “I don’t believe it.” Well that’s what I said when they told me, and no one laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment