Wednesday 7 July 2010

Barbarella’s Button.

Remember Barbarella? Sci-fi film, 70’s, Jane Fonda. She had a mind sex machine. No tripping up over yesterdays discarded undies or unwanted pregnancies, just a nice press button orgasm. How we laughed and secretly marvelled. And forty years on here I am pressing buttons. Qwerty satisfaction. Or the remote for visual satisfaction, or touch screen iPods for aural satisfaction. Even the button on a Glade air freshener for olfactory satisfaction. So we’re getting there.
In fact buttons have replaced all all the things I did as a kid and as a student. I guess it’s the shortest brain feedback loop; thought-digit-button-screen-and back to thought. And as the technology pretty well exists to bypass digit-button-screen we’ll be ‘thought--------and back to thought. I tell you my brain is pretty excited at the prospect. I remember the three-quarter pound perch that got away complete with my float and line. Won’t happen again. Or the bloody knees from falling off my bike. Or the watercolour painting that split right down the middle when I applied a wash. No, so many things won’t happen again. So I guess as we move up on Barbarella’s button; sex, it won’t…………

No comments:

Post a Comment