Saturday 16 January 2010

Shlock.

So what’s on the jolly old shmorgesborge today then? What has the shlockmeister got in store? Shmegegge? Well just another shlepper slapping Windows XP Home Premium in a vain attempt to pass some snow time waiting for Godot. I’m sorry but I still find Becket tedious, prancing around the stage, 10 foot tall, making asides to the audience of, “Notice how I am putting my words into the mouths of these noble thespians. Here in this apparently simple, paired down language is a profound mirror of the inane complexity of our humdrum lives.” Tosh. No Microsoft Office 2000, I think you’ll find tosh IS a word and I haven’t misspelt it! Nor have I mispelt ‘mispelt’ so don’t give me the little red line. OK. Where was I, Jewish slang, Godot or tosh? Well one of Mousewife’s friends is having cavity wall insulation put in because her husband has died. He wouldn’t have it. Any talk of cavity wall insulation and he would put his foot down. He would say, “No, I’m putting my foot down, we’re not having cavity wall insulation.” So now she’s installing cavity wall insulation over his dead body as it were. No disrespect but that’s what she wants. One time her dog chased a squirrel up a tree and then much to her and the dog’s surprise it fell out of the tree stone dead on the ground in front of the dog. Well a dead squirrel is no use to a dog so it just goes to show. Be careful what you wish for. I have a feeling Godot would appear like that squirrel, DOA. Such a disappointment. After all that waiting. So opportunities occur when things leave and when things arrive, it’s best not to wait. Which reminds me of a clowning course I went on. Head clown said “don’t force it, trust that something will arise naturally.” I can’t tell you just how hard that was for me. A mouse needs to be in control, have things planned out. But he was right, let go and you find yourself on a roller coaster of lovely surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment