Thursday 14 January 2010

Film Shooting.

In a desperate attempt to find something to do that didn’t require going out in the snow I found ‘Return to Castle Wolfenstein’ for PC and began playing it again. Armed with a wide selection of weaponry one shoots Germans and horrid gools and things. It’s years old but still frightening. Hide, duck out, fire, duck back. Save game! Run, crouch, select knife, stab stab stab. Select long range sniper rifle with silencer, lye down. Well actually I never found the key for lying down but I would if I could, fire. Save game! Kick door open and FIRE. I notice I’m a very nervous aimer, I could do just as well with my eyes closed, and my frantic running about usually ends up in a close up view of some hairy gools naval. Crunch, I’m dead, back to beginning. Hence ‘save game’ is my mainstay of success.

As another distraction last night I watched ‘No Country for Old Men’, a Cohen Brother’s film in which a psycho killer shoots people. You could tell he was psycho from his face not the acting. How that guy ever got through acting school and made it into a Cohen Brother’s film I’ll never know. I’m guessing he bumped off the teacher and made the brothers an offer they couldn’t refuse. His little red dot went straight from head to head, groin and gut at will. No shilly-shallying with the curtains, rug, bedside light, chest of drawers for him. And whoever gave him that haircut didn’t help. He was one bad dude, unlike the Big Labowski dude. But after my hours in Castle Wolfenstein I have realised one has to be cool in these situations to be effective. One cannot be troubled by concerns of morality or compassion. Simply go for the head shot and press the left mouse button. Hitting the lying down key must be child’s play to him. Just pick off unsuspecting bystanders with cold, calculating precision whilst holding down the ‘No remorse’ key. Now, if I had a real gun, I’d be much better prepared because I know where all the keys are. I wonder if it’s not too late to go to acting school?

No comments:

Post a Comment