Thursday 3 February 2011

Tummy Slipper Warmers.


I’m notoriously difficult to buy Christmas presents for. It’s the time of year one realises one’s closest and dearest don’t actually know one at all. Either that or in order to achieve a certain utility at a certain price point one sacrifices both. Even socks, and everyone uses socks, are either too woolly, too gaudy or the wrong size. And who in their right mind will spend their long winter evening happily entertaining themselves creating ‘magnetic sculptures’ or macraméing a head scarf from a lavishly packaged ball of string? Next year I think I’m going to ask for fruit. One can usually eat the packaging and entertain oneself spitting out the pips. This year Tommouse thoughtfully gave me some ‘Warm Slippers.’ Simply put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and vwala, furry foot warmers. Nice idea right. I won’t mention the colour, a delicate shade of violet, obviously aimed at WAGS not ageing sober malemice. But the downfall of this utility that doesn’t immediately come across from the packaging is the sole of rice one is forced to walk on. One is instantly introduced to perpetually walking across a permanently hot lumpy beach. They’re more like Mediterranean virtual reality footwear than a boon to winter mornings. That and the fact one of the cats has made off with one of them though has brought about a happy conclusion. I now have a lovely warm slipper discretely stuffed up my dressing gown keeping my tummy warm. So thanks Tom, I now have two convenient winter warmers I can place anywhere about my person to keep the chills at bay. Anywhere but my feet that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment