Tuesday 22 February 2011

Nice When it Stops.

Whilst musing about being in bed with several naked women I realise I’m not like that, I’m more a ‘nice when it stops’ person. Not for me the laissez-faire debauchery of Freddy Mercury, or Freddy Star for that matter. No, I seem to be drawn more to challenging activities that, whilst rewarding, are better enjoyed in retrospect. While I’m entertaining friends with photos of my recent kitchen renovation and tales of particularly difficult plumbing problems Russell Brand will be writing his third Booky Wook of exploits not unlike my musings. In short my Christian upbringing seems to have drawn the line of acceptability just above my pain threshold. Instead of grabbing the moment I wait till it’s passed and become thankful I survived it. Skiing, cold, sailing, wet, DIY, painful, and motorcycling, cold, wet, painful and scary. That must be why I like the last one best. Oh and camping too. I mean it’s not altogether bad, I get a lot out of them, but bulling in a china shop just for the instantaneous pleasure of breaking plates is something I need to allow in from time to time. I mean the world won’t miss the odd saucer will it? I realise this is how I know myself, how I am acceptable to myself. If I could somehow feel acceptable just for being me rather than what I am capable of I might give myself permission to, well just be me. OMG that’s scary. I mean what would the several naked women think? I could be in all sorts of trouble! No, perhaps it’s best I keep me under wraps and focus on the noble self-improving, being useful, ever competent, things to do, lots to learn person I am. After all no need to be vulnerable if I can work around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment