Friday 11 September 2009

If Hitler had done stand-up.

Laughter’s a funny thing. I mean if Hitler had done stand up… Can you imagine shooting a comedian? It’d be like strangling a puppy in public, nasty. So why do we send in armies covered in guns to trouble spots? That’s just asking for them to be shot at. Like trying to put out a fire with petrol. No, we should send massed ranks of comedians, the Clown Light Infantry trained in falling over and ‘bunch of flowers.’ That would teach the Taliban a thing or two. You got a gun; well that’s no match for my squeaky red nose fella. Take that- squeek! “But you are filthy western scum.” Time for the banana skin. Oops! “Das ist silly.” (sorry wrong accent) “No, here try one. Just put it on the ground and…” Aaahh! “Oooh I falled on my AK47. No don’t tickle me. No no. Allah save me from this merriment!” Voice of Allah- “Chill my brother. Does not the Koran say ‘have a good time all of the time’? Why not tell him the one about the Afgan, Iraqi and the Iranian walking into a pub.” And so on.
Being serious is a gambit of the ego to attract power to itself. Being funny is the opposite. That’s why really intelligent people choose stand-up over politics. But then of course there’s George W Bush who was so stupid he managed to combine the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment