Saturday 8 June 2013

Ale House Emergence.

Our first Open mic night at the Ale House was a success, apparently. Thanks to our whipping up of loyal friends we had an audience and thanks to everyone’s talents we had a good time. It was mayhem from the start. One speaker cable went down and I would have punched it in the face if it had one. But Mothermouse and I make a good combination. She winds up the energy and I provoke the chaos. Actually it’s all very Person Centred when I think about it. It’s something to do with emergence, that in emergence something greater will happen. I’ve noticed that when people try to impress they somehow die a little and when they let go they live a little more. And that’s infectious. Sure practice and talent are important but the delivery is about living a little more. So Tom played blues, a Dutch theatre group did theatre, another lad played and Tara sang unaccompanied. I thrust Mike into the mix on his double bass knowing he could cope with anything. He joined me for a couple and then Mothermouse joined us and got people going, and then Tara joined as well for a couple of verses. Tara wanted to do a Jessie J song that I knew so we did that. By this time thanks to Mothermouse and Tara there was so much energy bouncing around we all, well we all emerged. Brilliant. And to finish it off a woman who, granted she was pissed by then, had previously told me she didn’t like live music because it made her feel awkward and had always stayed in the other bar when it was on, was at the back dancing and telling us she had a brilliant evening. And all thanks to emergence. It’s just a case of allowing it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment