Thursday 27 October 2011

Oligarchy Speeking.

6.15pm. Radio 1- banal music, Radio 4Extra- banal comedy. I turn to Radio 4 and get the Minister for Obfuscation on PM. I can tell he’s saying words but I have no sense that he’s engaging his brain which is resulting in- banal talk. I feel by degrees I’m being put to sleep by the media equivalent of weed. Just sit back and with what’s left of your few functioning brain cells you giggle, knowing you’ve long since given up caring what happens and couldn’t get out of your chair to do anything even if you wanted to, which you don’t. I can’t for the life of me understand why they haven’t legalised marijuana, it would speed up their process of making us all domesticated dumbos no end. Democracy, which we’re so bloody proud of is sinking slowly into oligarchy when the utterances of our representatives become, “gabbly doo pi dada fa blabby.” Yes sweetheart, daddy will soon be home to see you. Inside the cabinet it might be, “Brilliant idea David, yes that’s an excellent social initiative to make the poor die earlier, I’ll go on the radio and tell the public.” “Wap di doodha thing an all pram da positive-ositive-ositive 4 everyone. Nondi nondi wibbler, faks nondi potent.” “But there’s a million people starving and jobless!” “Nondi nondi nondi. Dieting goot 4 ti lazz nefget fats. Gabbly doo pi dada fa blabby?” Yes dear, daddy will soon be home to see her Majesty’s Government Minister for Education.
I’m beginning to want Hitler back; at least he did rousing speechs and built lots of motorways. He’d not be afraid to incinerate the poor and use them for central heating, and get the young pedal-powering power stations. He’d get unemployment down, and the size of the population.

No comments:

Post a Comment