Monday 9 May 2011

Gleeful Counselling.

 So this week’s Glee is attempting to counsel a nation’s issues by the magic of light musical entertainment. Nothing like a musical to find out you’re gay, which is nothing to be ashamed of by the way. It’s just like homophobia, racism, obesity, paedophilia and manslaughter, just own it and you’ll be able to feel good about yourself. Well they’re all in Glee for a start and that must take some owning. But they all have their own individual reasons for self-hate they need to get off their chest and onto their T-shirt. The ugly obese girl with a matching personality found this simple measure made her much happier with her high risk of diabetes, heart problems and early death. The OCD sufferer popped a pill and will be much better by next week and Mr Shooster, the teacher, overlooked his struggle with nonce-hood and plumped for his large chin, which I must admit I hadn’t noticed till he pointed it out. The Jewish girl, Rachael, struggled with a nose job and another, vaguely Asian, with being a bitch, which I must admit made her rather endearing to me. Ha-ho if we’re all en-route to bland perfection we can’t let personality stand in our way. So now with all their hang-ups out of the way they’re much closer friends in a sort of lying, cheating, backstabbing kind of way and progressing nicely towards facile PC adulthood. I only wish someone had had the foresight to get me to write, “Ugly, skinny, boring, shy with crap teeth” on my T-shirt when I was sixteen, I’d be a much more rounded individual by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment