Thursday 23 December 2010

Emigrate.

Do it while you still can! Leave us, get on a plane and go. The Cons are legislating to sell off all our forests, all 680,000 acres. They accept they will probably go to a foreign energy company as renewable fuel, but hey, times are hard. Fifty years ago the Beatles sang about the ‘Tax man’ taxing the air but that was when times were good, now they’d just sell it off because we need a low tax economy to attract high earners. The cons may be against euthanasia but it wouldn’t surprise me if they voted for the compulsory termination of people earning under £4,000pa. 
At art college my tutor used to say you have to learn to sell yourself. I wish back then I’d had the presence of mind to say, “but if I do that what will I have left?”
But still we have the young future generation to milk. While they’re drinking, quote, “8 shots, 2 desperados, a corona and 4 pints of blue...” with pride they’re in no fit state to notice their future going down the pan. Or maybe they’ve realised the game is up and an alcoholic haze is as good a way as any to ignore it. So get out of here now, and send me a Christmas card from Belize.

No comments:

Post a Comment