Sunday 17 January 2016

Wiggly Glee.

A big black cat, a young puma maybe, runs full tilt across a paddock, off a wall up onto a roof into the arms of a young woman and mauls her with all the wiggly glee of …. That’s where my description falters. I don’t know that wiggly glee, the how of it. Maybe I’ve come close once or twice but not that full body totality of joy expressed without thought for the expression of it, convoluted without thought for gravity or the constraints of constraints. I imagine an electricity to pure delight that fires muscles in a symphony of movement, a wild jazz of tumbling notes, an unwritten sonata of strength and gentleness, a firework of chaos. Perhaps I should have learnt less in my gravity lessons. Perhaps in each and every one there was a hidden message of constraint. So much was I caught in the mirror of reality I lost sight. I mean of the un-reflected real. Perhaps in reflection I learnt restraint, in tools, manipulation in these virtual images. And with it perhaps I lost electricity. Imagine every moment of your life you responded clean of reflection; jiggled, snapped, growled or purred, or slept as reality required. No higher ideal than breath, that but for the addition of an ‘L’ perfection is just an idea. Such a simple grandeur. And this is why I watched the puma time and time again. It reminded me of electricity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment