Thursday 30 July 2015

Spirit Camp 2015: Maryettamouse.

Maryettamouse was chopping prayer sticks when Billmouse and I joined her. She asked for guidance but I suggested she work it out herself. If there’s one thing I can’t stand about Spirit Camp it’s helpful advice. It’s like every time I do something a queue of people form behind me with suggestions, “Perhaps you could….” or, “You might want to try…..” and their variants. NO, FUCK OFF, GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE! So Maryettamouse didn’t get any from me other than a bit later on saying pick wood with straight grain and no knots. Anyway we chatted. Her face had the beauty of honesty rather than the bland sugary looks of a model, designed to be memorable rather than flattering. Later we smiled in passing. During the dance my eyes of their own accord were drawn to Maryettamouse, her purposeful truthful elegance. After it I commented, “You walk backwards strongly.” Oddly she knew what I meant and added it was walking forwards that was her difficulty. After my song performance rather than the usual ‘loved your song’ she said ‘that was so you’ like she knew me.

The following day I hesitantly said, “I think we have a special relationship” not knowing the response I might get. She leapt in the air like an electric shock and agreed with a beautiful smile, “yes!” We both knew but not the basis or origin of it. It’s strange when this happens. Easily explained but only with explanations that carry no weight. We never met again. I hope you have found Stiffmouse and read this. With love for your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment