Wednesday 10 September 2014

Cause for Concern?

In the last month my blog views in Russia have been four times that in the UK, 196 to 54. Have Russian mice found an interesting new source of cheese? It’s confusing. Am I providing English language lessons to a proletariat eagerly preparing for their upcoming European holidays or being crawled over by state spiders? I mean I don’t mind humans of any hue reading this stuff but the thought of being fodder for mere trawling algorithms is depressing. I begin to feel like a fish. Maybe they’re impatient for insightful critiques of our excellent TV programs like X Factor and Big Brother. (British humour) Well I think Putin should buy a Premier League football team. It’s taken three or more years but I’ve noticed Abramavich’s once pouting childish face slowly change to almost adult joy. He’s actually enjoying himself now here in Blighty. Forget Ukraine Vladimir, buy Bolton Wanderers. It’d be a great chance to get your shirt off on the training ground, and they’re all against homophobia now. I’m sure you could join the Village People if you really wanted to. In truth I think we Brits appeal to the Russian sense of humour. That’s why they’re still wondering how on earth we won the war. I mean Hitler was the serious type and Churchill was a depressive comedian by comparison, it should have been no contest. But don’t underestimate the power of happiness over aggression, it’ll win every time. So happiness to all in Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod, Kiev and Donetsk. Make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment