Tuesday 25 September 2012

Captain’s Log Supplemental.

I am now operating a laundry, as a web-shopping courier returns driver, Sainsbury’s home delivery service and newspaper boy, all whilst running a restaurant. Where’s Lieutenant Sooloo when you need him or that Sergeant Engine guy who looks after the Lithium crystals? But don’t think I’m over-stretched; I’m dealing with it all like Colonel Hathi. “Oh the aim of our patrol is a question very droll…Come on junior, keep it up two three four.” This is not hysteria I’m just calming down prior to making a supermarket list. And anyway how do I know what we haven’t got; it’s not there. I have enough trouble finding it when it is. It’s like after a break in and the policeman asks, “So what have the thieves taken Mr Mouse?” I DON’T KNOW IT’S NOT THERE! Making a shopping list consists of writing down what I can remember which is basically what I bought the last time so we have three jars of marmalade and no washing up liquid. And as it’s raining you can add proprietor of a rescue home for bored cats to the list. Mercifully we currently have no children at present. Yes they’re old enough to help but gnawing through the vacuum cleaner cable with the vacuum cleaner is not in the long run time saving. Neither is cooking beans etc and converting the lower third into a vitreous enamelled coating to the bottom of the pan. I know they mean well but when your brain is three foot lower than it should be mistakes do happen. Must step onto the transporter and go to planet Sainsbury’s. And don’t give me all those funny looks when I appear in my Storm Trooper outfit, OK I’m doing my best! I return with a prized purchase, two packets each reduced from £7.45 to £3.43, a saving in total of £8 and four pea. Mothermouse informs me that Fairy non-biological washing powder is shit but at least that’s not going to go on the list again till well into the new year. End of Supplemental.

No comments:

Post a Comment