Wednesday 4 July 2012

Dressed for Summer.

Beginning to realise global warming is just shorthand for getting more of the weather you don’t want. I avoided the rain going to the bank and got wet from mugginess on the way home. Having fulfilled my fiscal duties I decided to get my summer wardrobe from St Luke’s charity shop half price sale. Being not as sexually segregated as Top Shop my transvestite tendency hovered between rails. There’s also a practical side to this. Women donate cloths when fickle fashion moves on where men’s cloths are more often than not donated after they have literally moved on or when there’s no body left in the material itself. So I kitted myself out with a pair of size 12 jeans, boot cut, and a men’s pale blue sleeveless tank top. Actually the rack said size 10, which I was dubious about getting in to, but as the waist is lower on women’s jeans it makes sense to get a size smaller. At home I excitedly tried them on to show Mothermouse. She liked the jeans, which I have to say fit much nicer than men’s jeans, but said the tank top was vile. It constantly amazes me that such a fashion conscious woman should know nothing about men wear. Granted it was tight, but ‘vile’? It’s such an ugly word. She could have just said it was snug and shows off my muscles and left it at that. Anyway she does take a size 12 so “blurgh.” Calculating half of £3.95 and £1.65 did tax me and the lady serving but we agreed on £3.25 and here I am kitted out for the summer that has never been. And come to think of it she threw away my bright yellow XXXL jersey with ‘Timberland’ across the front without telling me and won’t let me wear my ladies cream sailor top with ‘SORTED’ on the front. That woman knows nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment