Monday 2 December 2013

Visions.

Been reading about Black Elk’s amazing vision when he was twelve. He was a Lakota Indian and during a fever was taken by two lightning warriors to meet the grandfathers who showed him amazing visions of the future of his people and bestowed on him the power to lead them. He became a medicine man and played a large part in bringing peace between the Indian nations, travelled to England and met Queen Victoria and died around 1950. His account of this vision would make a CGI blockbuster any day of the week. I would like to add that as a teenager I also had a dream of some significance. I was lying on my back and from the sky came an enormous stone tablet. As it drifted down towards me I could see it had writing chiselled into it but I couldn’t make it out. As it came closer I became excited because it obviously had a message of great importance, the meaning of life, my future or what I was here to do. As it came almost close enough to read it drifted back into the heavens. I remember waking up very disappointed. I’d come so close to some revelation that would have set me apart as one of the chosen ones and perhaps told me of my great role in life. But it was not to be. A little later I realised I had in fact received a message even though I couldn’t read it, that, “You’re just going to have to fucking sort it out yourself.” I mean on the one hand that’s a bit of a slap in the face from those above but on the other maybe they just trusted me to get on with it. Either way it’s made life a lot more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment