Friday 25 May 2012

A Night Out.

Come nice weather I sometimes have a night out. Mat, sleeping bag and a pillow and off into the back garden. Around midnight Britney walked over me and a little later Domino slept by my feet for a few hours. Around three the noise began. It sounded like a gurgling pigeon to begin with and went into raucous sniffling. I figured it must be a hedgehog but couldn’t see anything so lay back down, but it was too loud to sleep. Fifteen minutes and it was still hoovering round the flowerbeds so looked up and it was about three inches from my nose next to my pillow. A few more sniffs and off it went. And continued sniffing for I don’t know how long so I decided to put out some cat food for it but Dave our own black fury food hog snaffled it before the hedgehog got to it. Then Dave joined me on my sleeping bag. By this time it’s near 5am, the sky is a touch lighter and half a dozen early morning pigeons are flapping back and forth to our helipad bird table like manic tea towels. I’m thinking this isn’t turning out to be the restful open-air kip I’d imagined. So if you’re fancying a night under the stars, don’t bother, it’s like an all night rave out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment