Monday 5 September 2011

Leona Rabbits on.

Just read an interview with Leona Lewis on the loo. Oh that’s not Leona and I on the loo together, I’ve never met her, or that the ex X Factor winner was interviewed where one is normally solitary, just that that’s where I do most of my reading. In fact the only double loo I know is in Sweden and it would be way too much trouble to ring Leona in LA and arrange to meet her in a forest in Sweden that’s over four hours drive from Malmo. Although she could get a flight to Goteborg and hire a car. But I’d still have to drive. No, no it wouldn’t work out. Anyway she seems a very good sort rescuing bunnies from hapless vagrants etc. It struck me re her and other recent winners that the X Factor at least does help people ascend the greasy pole without getting greasy, which is a good thing. Ordinary people talented enough to warrant a world stage yet still ordinary. You just never know standing in that queue longer than a 1945 Berlin soup line what’s going to come of it. Isn’t that just a spiffing metaphor for life. Which in itself raises the question, should rhetorical questions end in a question mark? Anyway isn’t it just one soup line after another, one time watery gruel, the next caviar enriched truffles. Just like Leona’s new bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment