Thursday 3 March 2011

The Sex of Science

This week’s Horizon featured Dr Alice Roberts asking the intriguing question, ‘Are we still evolving?’ Is it just me who’d rather see Dr Alice, a rather fetching young redhead, narrating this program in a bikini? I mean wouldn’t science be more appealing with a bit of plump, soft healthy brown flesh? I’m thinking blue with white spots. Black, a bit obvious, white, too dated, tassels? Well I have to admit it tassels always add a certain allure in a, ‘must be fun to slap a cow-girl in the hay’ sort of way. But not a thong, not on a serious science program. I’m think more a halter neck 'triangles on a string' design, classic, elegant and minimal. I’m now 27 minutes in and it’s about time she let loose her hair from its clip and shook her head like a filly in a Clarol ad so it falls soft and lustrous over her bare shoulders. But no she’s still banging on about lactose intolerance, and just asked the same question she started with for the n’th time. She may talk like class totty but I’m thinking she must be a bit thick. Oh God, now her hair’s scraped back in an elastic band. What can the producer be thinking about! And now the sound’s gone. Well I suppose it wasn’t that important. As I remember it Steven in Massachusetts was saying his calculations indicate the next generation will be slightly shorter and fatter, so I’m guessing in a million years we’ll all resemble a bowling ball. Not nice but interesting. And now she's back talking, well miming, to the guy with a face like a suit pudding. I mean he’s not going to make science hip, unless perhaps if you put his head in a microwave and it exploded. So that’s my education for this evening. ‘Are we still evolving?’ Well der. 

No comments:

Post a Comment